View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

shards of dalaya was absolutely incredible and far more fun than any other eq style emulator...back when it actually had a population. Now its pretty dead with everyone practically required to box an extra char. the content there is above and beyond any custom content I have ever seen, and the devs (at least when I played years ago) really spent a ton of time developing new zones/encounters/ quest lines.

the war events (when people used to do them) were very fun for the early raiding tiered players, and the massive number of encounters present in the game are scaled well throughout the tiers- offering more than just tank and spank general eq encounters. The fact that raid content is limited to 6/12/18/24 man content rather than letting everything be zerged was another huge plus.

However, as someone else pointed out, the game does not really start until 65- and hitting max level is just barely scratching the surface of the grind you need to go through to progress- besides getting 500 or so AA points, you now have hundreds of tomes to grind out (completing each requires anywhere from a very small 10 AA or so exp all the way up to 200ish AA to complete). On top of all of that, the epic length main quest, faction quest, and very slow progression through the raid tiers pretty much guarantees you will be raiding/grinding exp at the very minimum of a year before you even come close to top end content. In fact, most people who play SoD will never see the very top tier events.

If the population was closer to our population here on P99 (not counting boxed chars) I would highly recommend people to try it- but I highly doubt those numbers will ever return.