View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good games go on sale too you know. I guess just depends on what you think is good for you. My top recommendation is still the long dark, but really for people that are outdoorsy, which is me bigtime with my many many trail boots worn out. But still a niche game.
My problem with Long Dark is you ruin the concept of the game by reading about it. With Mist you weren't sure exactly what to expect or what you were playing. THIS WAS REAL GAMING. THE GOLDEN AGE. NOBODY KNEW WHAT MIST REALLY WAS, THAT MADE IT THRILLING. THERE COULD BE THREATS??? WE DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It obviously has no eminent threats, no thrills. Because we can read about a synopsis, check a trailer, and realize what the game is precisely.

F.E.A.R. had thrills (FPS genre, extreme horror very terrifying to play. Still gives me the shakes)

Long Dark apparently won't have any threats to the player. Its a true survival game based on surviving an environment that can't elicit any real surprises. I'd say that's a fair assessment without having you spoil the game and point out theres X Y Z hostile surprises in the game.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82