View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Large Bat

Question Project 1999 under Linux Mint 11 via WINE?

I'm a relatively new Linux user, so I don't quite know all the ins and outs of the OS yet... so I need a little extra help getting this running. After a couple hours of tinkering around I was able to get EQ running under WINE, but only after patching (which I know i'm not supposed to do for P99). I couldn't find a way to change the target for the desktop link or "shortcut" to add the "patchme" to the eqgame.exe path. I successfully installed project 1999 on my windows 7 system, but can't get it working on Linux yet. I'm hoping to get it figured out before P1999Red releases on the 18th. Any help would be AMAZING! I tried following some of the Linux guides already posted, the UBUNTU guide (which would probably be closest to mine) is pretty outdated, was just wondering if anyone knew how to get this running under the newest release of WINE?

My specs are:
CPU: Phenom II x6 1090T
Memory: 16gigs
MB: Sabertooth 990FX
GPU: Nvidia GTX 560

So I know my computer should have no trouble running this at all, I just can't figure out the technical details. I'll be happily annoyed to find out that what I was doing wrong was something small and incredibly simple. Keeping my fingers crossed, lol.