View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the abundance of design in our universe disagrees with the concept of our being created?
Again, you don't understand the definitions of the words you're using, and you're conflating correlation with causation. There is an enormous difference between "design" and "complexity." Just because something is too complex for us to 100%, completely understand at this point in time, does not mean that it necessarily HAD to have been "designed" that way. I'm sure there exists some combination of words to help you understand this concept, but I have neither the time nor the desire to come up with them.

Quote:
Have you never heard of clouds? You know, they hold water above the earth and then it comes back down in the form of rain. How is it unscientific to say that there is water above the earth?
Please point out where the bible mentions clouds in Genesis 1:7? There are plenty of people more intelligent than you who have already dissected and agreed upon the meaning of these passages. The "dome" mentioned before was literally thought to be a solid dome separating the heavens from the earth. They believed there were holes in this dome to let the sun and moon pass through, and also to let the rain in. They literally believed there was a massive body of water on the other side of this dome, and that was the source of rain as they knew it. Can you at least agree that this interpretation is 100% incompatible with modern science?

Quote:
When you walk outside at night it isn't completely pitch black. Why? Well look up in the sky, there is a big round shining object, the moon. It is allowing me to see to a degree that I'm not totally blind. From my perspective it is a source of light. Not an u scientific statement.
Sorry, but we live in the 21st century, and that is the very definition of an unscientific statement. If you had NO evidence to suggest otherwise, you could certainly hypothesize that the moon is a source of light. Unfortunately for you, we know beyond any doubt that this isn't true. The moon is just a rock that reflects the sun's light. That is a scientific fact, and since the bible disagrees... it is incompatible with modern science.