View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. Ventani is the only difficult warder, but he's not as difficult as Vyemm. AoW is the hardest encounter in Velious, but nothing else in Kael really compares. All of ToV is difficult in one way or another, and Vyemm is somewhat on par with AoW (but still not that close). Tunare would be up there too but mostly because of poor design. After PoG was "finished" (post-Velious) Tunare really wasn't that difficult, but clearing the plane was very time consuming.

AoW was killed twice mid-to-late Velious by the joint forces of Legacy of Steel and Shock of Swords on the Nameless. This was accomplished by charming "Frozen Moses" aka Fjokar Frozenshard.

It was later nerfed, but they killed AoW one more time 100% legitimately just before Luclin released.

I assume Klandicar and then Zlandicar will be the first "serious" raid mobs killed (even though they're kind of a cake walk, especially Klandicar). They are by far the easiest mobs that drop ST keys and keeping them down will be a priority. Zlandicar has some pretty nice loot for how easy he is. Most likely followed by Lendiniara and then NToV stuff, but it'll be interesting to see how far guilds can get without Velious gear. Honestly most guilds could probably do NToV right now, but I think Vyemm is going to be a challenge and won't die for at least some time. I'm also curious if Sontalak will go down early or if guilds will just coth past him at first, that fight can be tougher than a lot of stuff in NToV.

Getting the key from Skyshrine to CS is going to be hilarious at first though.
I hope the Frozen Moses shit is fixed before Velious is released, id hate to see the first AOW killed by charm tanking.

I looked up some screen shots and forgot how epic TOV, particularly NTOV was. Maybe the most epic of raiding zones ever created and Ring of Vulak was the most intimidating and immersive raid at the time.