View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a gargantuan number of manastones on this server; even with the huge number that are doubtless on now-banned characters, there will always be a live market for them. CoSs will be that times ten thousand. There are so many of the damn things that they're currently near-worthless. After the nerf happens there will still be plenty around but they won't be [virtually] free any more.

I have a hard time imagining a P99 were there's a real shortage of prenerf CoSs. They're a by-product of farming idols and gauntlets, which have much greater demand. Only necros and SKs need them, and we don't have THAT many SKs and necros here. All* current necros/SKs have theirs. I have an extra sitting in the bank and I'm sure plenty of others do too. I think that if P99 were to eventually progress beyond Velious, supply of CoSs would start to run short. But that's a big "if" and it would probably be at least 5 years from now!
There are probably enough circlets sitting in banks waiting for velious that every necro and sk on the server could have two.

A) they've been farmed to hell and back
B) everyone knows when they are going to get nerfed.

I vote the price drops when velious gets released and 1000 of them go on sale the first day.