View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:14 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Six crashes at character select (so far, I haven't stopped yet) and one crash attempting to port into Overthere in the last half hour. Yeah, there's still a problem.

I wish there was some kind of indication that the guys still look at this issue at all.
Solutions are constantly being attempted and implemented. The development team is aware of the problem, and have already resolved the crash issues for many people.

The problem is that there is no obvious common denominator between all of your computers/connections, which makes it exceedingly difficult to nail down the exact problem. Troubleshooting an error like this is usually a process involving hundreds of people - or potentially thousands after the game is released, if the bug slips through Q&A because it only appears in <1% of users, as it does here.

I would try running the game on different systems if available. If crashes continue to happen, it would point to a network or software problem (if both PC's have similar software). If crashes are reduced, it would point to a mix of hardware/software/networking. If they cease completely, its likely hardware/software.

I know some of you have done extensive testing, and I know that a few of you have even posted the results of your test in this thread. I would highly recommend anyone experiencing this issue to submit ALL your test parameters, giving as much detail as possible as to the tests themselves. This will help us understand what's working and whats not.