Thread: Raid Changes
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Project Manager

Default Spawn variance = Solution to Rotation ?

In the interests of making everyone happy.. a variance of spawn time can be added to particular NPCs. Currently, an issue with raid targets is their predictable spawn time, which is creating all sorts of drama. If the majority of the players would agree upon a set of variance or raid engagement rules, this would be much preferable to a GM mandated rotation.

Here is a suggestion by Nizzarr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
how about setting some easy rules?

-random spawn time + or - 24 hours(48 hours fluctuation) on 7 days spawn, + or - 12 hours on 3 days spawns. + or - 3 hours on 12 hours spawns.

-first guild to have 15 players present after a spawn has 120 minutes to engage, if wipe/unreadiness after 120 minute and other guild has 15 players ready then other guild can engage.

-15 players is debatable but it should be the bottom requirement to claim a shot.

These rules are easily enforceable, has less gm interraction and all in all will make poeple happy. If you want to kill shit, then be ready when it matters.

You can change these rules as you see fit, but the bottom line should be the same.

I want some spawn competition, thats what made EQ a great game. if you take this away you're taking away a big deal of what EQ was.

and excuse my french.
Solutions are what we are looking for.. and this has been the best one I have seen proposed. Let's get rid of the rotation asap ok?

Discuss. Tweak this. Suggest things.
Last edited by nilbog; 12-16-2009 at 02:04 PM..