View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!
Druids during classic - Velious (velious especially... was terrabad) aren't all that great. Only reason I play one is because I did originally + ease of transportation.

PvP, Mediocre Heals/Buffs/DPS, and little desirability in group game all stays true for about... ~ half of EQs life. But the later half of EQLive, that the majority of you never played, druids are awesome in all those categories if you know what you're doing.