View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aserver1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So last night, I was at Seafury Island trying to farm for cash. While setting up a quad kite, I usually pull with my level 1 spell shock of frost (I know some wizards use staff of temperate flux for this process, but this is my method.) Anyways, while in the process of setting up my quad, a necromancer decided to pull a seafury off me, then later claimed he did it because the mob was undamaged, and that it's by rules that because the mob was undamaged and chasing me, he could pull it off me.
I sent a petition to the GM to question what he said, and the GM ruled in his favor. Basically this taught me that if a wizard decides to pull with something like his low level damage spell, or staff of the temperate flux, any other player is allowed to pull whatever mobs he is pulling off him, with no repercussions.
So now the one thing I know wizards are good at (quad kiting) is not protected by any sort of rule, unless we use some kind of inefficient higher damage spell to put more damage on the mob, which the longer cast also puts us in more danger to get caught by whatever mobs may already be chasing us while setting up the quad.
Without any sort of rule to protect me from getting my mobs pulled off me like what this necromancer did, I'm not even sure if I would like to play my wizard anymore. The one thing that makes wizards effective solo's has no sort of rule to protect their pulls. This ruling by the GM makes me not want to play my wizard anymore.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really though, you should have no problem taking the giant back from a necro when you are a Wizard. And if this was a one time thing, you are overreacting.