Thread: Never Forget!!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Kobold

When this server first started everything seemed okay, until you started to realize that every camp-able item that is either removed or changed to a quest is camped 24/7, waiting in line for 4 days to camp jboots is not fun. It wasn't then, it wont be ever. We only had around 100 people online in those days. Imagine how crowded it would be with one thousand. Imagine how long the wait to camp a Manastone would be, lol.
The problem is that most everyone who plays on P99 knows what they are doing and how to do it. So to think you might have an advantage because you think you know something that someone else doesn't, you're wrong. A new server would just take those same prior knowledge issues and amplify them. As fun as a fresh server sounds, I believe it would be nothing but a colossal headache for everyone. None of the current server complaints would be fixed, in fact more would probably arise.
This doesn't mean I condone the current servers segregation between the "elite" and the "casuals", I too would like a more balanced Norrath. But between game design and human nature, its just not a possibility. No matter when or what happens in Norrath, it takes time and devotion to overcome. There is no other answer. Remember you cannot judge a persons character based on their gear, true character comes from within.