View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first day in Everquest ended with my level 4 half elf ranger falling down the hole in the Tree in Blackburrow. The corpse was more or less irretrievable... no one went that deep into Blackburrow and came back alive. So I lost all my gear and gold on my very first day in the game. And yet, I was totally hooked.
Yes. Very similar... I lost my SK's (first live character) corpse in the Befallen well a week into release and I never played him again.

But my cherry was popped when my friends that played UO showed me the EQ beta. I would go over their house and we would nerd out for hours around the monitor. My very first character of my own was a Dwarf Paladin. I killed bats, goblins and decaying skeletons and then got lost right outside Kaladim. Died and never found my corpse before beta ended. It was the best gaming experience EVER.

Bought the game the day it released from the mall. Played it on my mother's HORRIBLE Compaq on AOL dialup with no second phone line. Between the calls, crashes, and awful frame rates it was still a great experience.
Last edited by Bohab; 03-21-2012 at 04:13 PM..