View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the first sentence, you say it is your responsibility, as group leader, to make sure the loot distribution rules are known by all ahead of time.

Yet in the second sentence you say you would have booted the guy for 1) not knowing the rules (a.k.a. your own personal loot rules, which you assume everyone should follow), 2) having a different idea about loot distribution, and 3) winning a second item when the rules had not been pre-established.

Who is the loot whore here? It sure doesn't sound like Xaine to me. He was operating within the confines of the group as he understood them to be. Just like you assume everyone knows your rules set, and that seems to be the issue you keep bringing up. Not everyone had the same experiences on live, and every single server had different customs and norms regarding grouping, lists, rolling, NBG, and FFA. To take what you know as normal or fair, from your experiences on live and here, and to impose it on people here, without forewarning them of what you perceive to be the normal loot rules, is a gross miscalculation.

In the above scenario, the group that didn't clarify the rules before hand could have made their case and asked that he return it to the next highest roller, but at the same time not be mad if he didn't return it. From that point forward, the group could have agreed to limit it to one item per person until everyone got something and chalked it up to experience about the need to clarify rules before the need arises to invoke them.

As an aside, TMO guild groups usually see us duel to the death to determine loot. Of course monks/necros/sks usually win the most loot since they train everyone and scoop it up off the still fresh bodies. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First Sentence = Facetious if it wasn't already obvious.

Second Sentence = What I would do for him being a greedy retard.

I would think the average person would want fair loot distribution which that is obviously not. If we are to assume a loot distribution it should be a fair.

Hell, I am going to assume the the loot distribution in any group I am in is that I get everything. If it isn't mentioned to be otherwise that is how it should be right?

The group should have decided what was best when that shit came up. If the group thought it was fair then great.

Asher