View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Haha ok so I guess the issue was that I had DX 8.1 installed at the time of installing EQ. All I had to do was copy the new DSETUP.dll from DX9.0c into the EQ directory, and it launches fine now.

However I am having another issue now. I have installed the P99 patch version 22, but I still keep getting the spell file is outdated error at the character screen. I attempted to download and install the new EQEmuLauncher, but am now getting the SAME error as before but this time concerning MSCOREE.DLL.

I downloaded a couple of different versions of this DLL from various site, but keep getting the same "expects a newer version" error concerning the file when I try to install the new EQEmuLauncher.

Do you know if the EQEmuLauncher is incompatible with Win98? Or why my spell file still says outdated, even after installing patch v22 multiple times? I am trying to play on the Blue server.

I have skipped a bunch of old versions of the patch since this is a fresh install. But shouldn't V22 include everything necessary?
Last edited by toddfx; 06-02-2012 at 11:14 PM..