View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdukes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wore whatever I could get my hands on until I was able to do the Lambent quests. It's fun and you'll have pride in your gear since you worked for it. Collect the items needed for the quests even after you've gotten that piece, once you get a bit higher in level you can go to EC and sell some of your pieces. Just run over to the bank, grab the quest items and get that piece again.

If you have fun doing this then I suggest also questing for Nostrolos Tambourine. I did the quest somewhere in my 20's and still use the the tambourine now at 54. Has a better modifier than mistmoore drums and actually looks like a tambourine in your hand.

As far as weapons there are some cheap bard only weapons. I used sainys claw, blade of fiery lamentations and sainys singing dagger for a bit then gave them away to lowbie bards since they're only around 100pp each. Until you can find something like this just grab a quick piercer and a slasher. I find its best to have really fast weapons because your swapping your instrument in and out and want to land as many hits as you can in between. Right now I mostly use Sionaches Partisan and Breath of Harmony but there are quite a few choices once you get higher in level.
Get some 55hp rings as soon as you can afford it. Even all decked out in armor we're squishy.

P.S. Don't only swarm kite. Do some grouping and some soloing other than swarming(fear-kiting, charm-killing etc.) so that you know how to play your class in different situations. Good luck young grasshopper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for the info i had planned on doing the lambet quest but i didnt know about the other one, ill have to look into it!