View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Not an exploration story, but I think it was an adventure!

The Party in Qeynos Hills:
Myself (Kaleran) and a friend I had met online (Fatbastard...later asked by a GM to be renamed to Grunga. We'll just call him Grunga) decided that Qeynos hills wasn't a lively place. See, I was a wood elf druid and he a human warrior who had many adventures in the surrounding areas. After killing Wisps for hours on end on Wisp Island (Erud's Crossing) with Grunga's excellent new weapon Axe of the Iron Back, we decided to use our new gains to throw a party for the fine residents of Qeynos!

At this time Qeynos Hill was a bustling joint. Young adventurers passing to and fro trying to gain experience while slaughtering the evils that lived outside the gates of Qeynos. Here is where we decided to set up refreshments to quench the thirst of those drenched in blood and sweat. "Come to the party near the first road marker to Qeynos!" I shouted. Men and women showed up in droves to divulge in our salty sweets. "More beer!" one man shouted, "Ahj uha lowhh!" exclaimed another really drunk patron. Grunga and I did our best to be gracious hosts, and handed each patron even more Blackburrow Stout than even we knew they could handle.

Then...she came. See, as a wood elf here in the human lands of Qeynos, I had grown weary of being alone. Sure there are half-elves, but they just don't have the majestic beauty you find in the Faydwyer. But here she was, a gorgeous High Elf cleric wearing a stunning leather suit. I walked up to her and offered a stout "I think this one is the freshest from the batch." She eyed me carefully, and took the drink and pounded it down quicker than any barbarian could hope for. A lady AND a hero!

There was idle chatter, which soon became idle "ahuwih aeowbu baow" as we drank more and more. As she left the party, I began to sober up. I turned to Grunga and he asked me about the fine lady. In my still drunken stupor, I told him simply "If only I could have seen what she looked like under that leather armor...". I heard no response from my friend. I looked at him idly, then a shiver ran down my back. As I turned around, there was the high elf beauty looking at me. Apparently she came back for more! As I stumbled for words "I..err..uhm..." she smiled, planted a kiss on my cheek, and ran back to the city of Qeynos.

Grunga, who was on the floor at this point boiled over in laughter, finally came to his senses and gave me a pat on the back. "I think you should stick to what you're best at. Killing Wisps!"

The party continued on. More and more patrons showed up, but all of them humans. We emptied our stock of Blackburrow stout and made our way back into the city of Qeynos.

I never saw the high elf again. I wonder sometimes what could have been at the party in Qeynos Hills.

(The story is true...just a little embellishment on the dialogue!)