View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Orc

Back on live, I had a pretty fantastic night on Luclin's release.

Some friends and I decided that since Luclin had just come out, we would go exploring. After running around for a few hours, we found ourselves inside the Fungal Grove. We were the only 6 people in zone, and as far as we knew, the first ones to be there.

After a short while messing around with the front trash, I decided to go exploring in the many nooks and crannies of the caves. After many feigns and quite a few near death scares, I found an open spot in the back left corner, a sort of cove area with spawn spread around in front of it, and a bit of a ledge. The group invised, and moved to me. The night was spent slaughtering bugs and the big red cavemen (whose names elude me), for pretty great exp. About half an hour in, our casters (mage/enchanter) began noticing that their new Velious spells were dropping quite often: so often, in fact, that they had looted all of them within the first hour. A short while later I noticed that the little path leading up to the ledge had pathing script that would cause the mobs to actually run to the group, rather than stand below it in some anti-gravity melee abyss. After the warrior left, we recruited another caster friend, and I was instructed to pull as many mobs as I could, without causing death, and I did so.

A three hour AoE session began, whose resulting xp pushed me almost the whole way through 52. The newly acquired wizard got his spells as well, and the rest of the non casters, myself included, walked away with 3-4 newly minted spells, from which I personally made a cool 7K. The next day I logged into patch notes, saying that not only had the Fungal mobs had their exp and loots adjusted, but also that they now had 'proper' AC & HPs. The bugs now hit like trucks, and the cavemen were worse, not to mention terrible, terrible xp. Fungus Grove never really took off on my server after that, but we few sure had a fun, profitable night - one that's stayed in my memory for well over ten years.

Ceebeegee - 27 Monk, always LFG
<Explorers of Norrath>
Last edited by CBG; 04-03-2012 at 02:22 PM..