View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The twink doesn't need to farm, he farms on his main which is level 60 and can make 4x the money a new player could make in half the time.

How is the non-twink going to farm giants or specters? The amount of locations for a newer player to realistically farm money are few, much less than thelevel 60 mainhas access to. Why should the new player spend every penny they have because the twink who has 60k in the bank wanted an extra 100pp?

The bottom line is the twink doesn't need the item, they are effectively rolling for money, the new player actually NEEDS the item to help them continue to play the game. You can not like it all you like, but as I said, if a twink takes my loot, I don't really ever want to play with that person again and will go out of my way to avoid them.
The highlighted are assumptions. When you play with enough people, you'll see that the twink with a level 60 farming class main and has 10's of thousands of plat in the bank is atypical. Typically, (at least most examples I've seen) the twinks are being groomed to be new mains by players who are tired of their old mains. The person who twinked that char very likely spent all of their expendable plat to twink that char, and in many cases sold off a lot of their gear on their old main to dress up their new main.

In regard to time. If the twink happens to have a level 60 farming class main, that doesn't mean it's easy to farm plat. There's quite a lot of time involved in travel, in competing with other farmers (especially at the high end) and in safely xfering plat/gear to their twink that could actually use the plat (since I'm assuming you don't expect them to spend their armor). That's time they spend not playing the character they want to play, in service to the character they do want to play. Not to mention, quite often in order to farm a lucrative camp (even something like HG's or spectres) you need to do it at odd hours to both A) get the camp and B) efficiently make plat.

As for the drop that was an upgrade to the newer player, but just plat for the twink, where should the line be? Is there a certain value the item should be before a twink can be allowed to roll on it? 150 plat? 500 plat? 1k? 3k? Should a twink be expected to pass on every drop?