View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimm Barely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mad...? BRO?
No i'm not mad, and I really respect your ideas. I just know how PVP servers work and what stimulates growth and what has destroyed it in the past.

On live towards the end of the good PVP I was fighting ppl straight /stick hacking on Ebay'd toons. Thats how disgraceful, but serious people became over PVP that they wouldn't sometimes even level their own toons. They would purchase them from blue servers, then transfer them to Zek, then hack their asses off. I questioned them why they even came to PVP because that's not PVP at all. Its nerd rage.

Nevertheless I believe all in all the last of the PVPr's truly prevailed over the Ebay/Hack squad. They would rage when we'd beat them in sometimes their better gear (which in some episodes was much greater than what we could get on Zek) and inspite of them hacking. We crunched all over them.

I'm not afraid of SZ rules bro. I've flourished and survived in what I would consider much harsher conditions.

You'll never see EQPVP during Seeds of Destruction, Prophecy of Ro, The Buried Sea; etc, etc, it was great PVP, great sagas but......... always comes down to one thing. Population. And if we want a good PVP server we have to think of what would be best for the population.

Its not going to be the more complex, and dynamic content of later expansions. Its going to be Classic, Kunark, - Velious. Obv right but... yea anyways I hope you catch my drift.

I personally thought and still think the Good, Nuetral, Evil faction idea was quite the revolutionary way to go for a PVP game. That was born on SZ. And I don't think it has been repeated in any other MMO. Just good and evil factions.

anyways, I digress. Its good that you give your input because when and if it does come down to it-- hell there might be 3 or 4 server ideas we'll have to beta test to find which will be the right one. But its going to have to be supported by a "large" or substantially built community, or its just going to be 10 nerds dual boxing. Griefing and trolling the shit out of eachother.
Last edited by Dojii; 06-09-2011 at 09:30 PM..