Thread: Just stop..
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

What does it matter that it's a game regardless of the age? It's a hobby, it's challenging (unless you cheat), you have fun playing it, etc.
Heck, I have an arcade console based off of MAME and I love playing the old school arcade games from the 70's and 80's (which I enjoyed as a young boy back then). Why? They are challenging and fun to play and it's a hobby. Nothing wrong with that. I agree that people who add the age of the game or the fact that it's emulated really don't understand the idea that these facts do not matter. Many have returned to EQ on Project 1999 BECAUSE it is hard and very close to how the game was on live back in 1999 / 2000. Others who never played the gave before came to Project 1999 because they know someone who played EQ back in the day or heard how great and challenging the game used to be and wanted to see for themselves.
People get worked up over the game because it means something more to them than just something to kill a few hours playing and that's fine. There are thousands of people who sit in front of their screens getting VERY worked up and excited, dressing up in costumes, clearing up blocks of time to dedicate to their enjoyment of... watching sports.. I don't begrudge them with their even older games so why begrudge people who like a 12-year old emulated game?
-----------------------