View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp_SmokinPurp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that setup he should be zoning fast. 3.2 tri core is plenty for EQ even on max settings. An 660 is all good, unless it is a compatibility issue somewhere along the way which is hard to detect if one piece of equip isn't working with another.
I got about the same setup an just installed SSD recently and I zone about 5secs max.
First off do you still have your HDD connected? If so, Did you run DBAN on it?
If no HDD connected than probably not a problem there unless there is one and will get into that if so. But if not...
Than it is probably your internet , 100ms is up there if your wanting fast zoning at least 50 or under would be a goal. I run at about 40 norm but than it is 100-110 if I stream and can notice a little bit slower zoning.

One thing you can try is under options in the game the tab where you mess with the sky graphics etc there is a tab for loading screen art you can set this to none for a small increase in zone time, IMO.

Cpu: AMD Phenom x4 975 Black Edition 3.6 Ghz
Ram: 8gb Corsair XMS 2 ddr2
Graphics: EVGA GTX 480 MB: Asrock A770de
Internet: Fiber optic 20mbps
Drive: Kingston v300 120gb ssd

Thanks for the responses. I have 4 other hard drives connected that are used for storage. Would that be affecting it somehow? None of the OS or EQ files are stored on them. I did not run DBAN on them, I just deleted the old partitions and started using them. My guess is that it is my internet. Not much I can do except upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.0, which I've been putting off. I'll do that and get rid of the loading screen pic and see what happens.