View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armolad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They say that you can never go home again and I've found that to be true as far as EQ is concerned. It is especially true that it is hard to compete with memories of the past.

In this case I remember the early days of EQ. The crowds at West Freeport, multiple groups working, and sometimes fighting, together at the orc camps in the commonlands. Always being able to find a necro passing through that could use a stack of bones. I remember taking forever to get my first wizard to level 16 to get the mystical spell of invisibility. And then getting killed shortly after only to be knocked back to level 15 for a day. Having a full time job and family tends to make one a casual player. If it's all about the high end content then things are fine the way that they are, but if it's about growth, then there needs to be more activity at each step of the way rather than just at the top.

Imho, this would be a good start to get another influx of players.

Can't disagree. Once pets / skillcaps and whatnot are worked out why not? It'd be neat to see P99 with the fixes in from the beginning, although, some would be unhappy about losing their hard earned characters.