Thread: EXP IS SO SLOW!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Large Rat

I know that Nilbog is trying his best to keep this server exactly as he remembers it and since he played a paladin exp penalties were part of it. I have always disliked that the penalties were put in, but dealt with it since was part of classic.

However, there is no way that hell levels were a part of a group shared penalty. Groups did not level at the pace of the slowest person. My main problem with all of this is the hell level shared penalty.

I read that developer's letter and I don't see it say that hell levels are shared. I DO see it saying that hybrid penalties are shared. It seems to say that because an ogre sk has more exp total and has a penalty he gets a larger share, I DON'T see it saying that every group member gets the same percentage of their level per kill (which appears to be how it is currently coded). Hell levels were clearly noticeable because you didn't level as fast in a group as people around your level in the group.

My level 35 ogre sk now cannot possibly find a group ever as I turn every group I join into the worst group ever. My ranger alt might as well be deleted. I'm very frustrated because I wanted to play my character in groups and now I can't. Certainly the devs can understand my plight here.