Thread: Child's tear
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an epic. Epics are attained by the elite. That is classic. What percent of people had their epic in velious on live? A much smaller than have it here.
Finally posting to say that this is dead wrong.

I was super casual back in the day, I obviously couldn't log on much early as there was only dial-up and I couldn't afford the insane prices to stay connected to the internet.

Even when I finally got ADSL connection and was able to play more than an hour or two here and there, I still was casual, and was only in the 5th or 6th best guild on the server. But I still had no problems getting epics for my alts, even the Shaman.

The "hardcore" players back then was nowhere near as rabid as on here, and you would often find raid mobs just standing about, and there was even healthy guild diplomacy, without having to be enforced by GM's.

A lot of my friends were all in the top 1-2 guilds on the server, and they all had jobs and healthy lives, they didn't live in the game like some people do now.

This is on the EU server of course, I couldn't attest to how it was on US servers.