View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Hi pals.

Actual procmod% as a value did not show up until the people at Lucy knew what to look for. We don't always know what exactly the return of a datamine means. This data point was originally listed as Unknown 070 in Lucy prior to it being discovered and assigned to Procmod at a much later date. In other words, we had access to the data then, the data just wasn't specifically assigned anything. As such, the original 38 are basically a snapshot of what procmods existed at that very time.

As I posted previously:

Quote:
There is a small possibility that there were items that had a proc mod in Luclin, but was nerfed prior to that post's date. Unfortunately, there's really no way of knowing any weapons that belong to that group since that post was when the identifier was discovered.

One thing I've noticed is that all the classic/Kunark items that have procmods now (EQlive), are procs of nukes that had their spell level reduced on the spell revamp.
Again, there is a chance that there were items that had a proc mod prior to Lucy.fnord.net that had the procmod removed prior to the discovery of Unknown070.
We know as of the implementation of Lucy onward what had a procmod. So, we have a snapshot of existing procmods, but no hard data prior to that.

Consequently, finding specific instances of a procmod being removed prior to us being able to mine the data is going to be very problematic as it would require either parse comparisons or specific patch notes. In cases where either of those sufficiently present, I think it's reasonable to change the rate to whatever we're comfortable with.