View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A major point is the way the Paladin can hold agro very reliably for very little mana, whereas a Shaman will hold agro with Slow which is very high mana and has really nothing to deal with caster spells.
I want to make a point about hate: I know Paladins quite well, and Shamans and Rogues well enough. Aggro isn't such an issue in practice because a) Evade is ridiculously effective, and b) Whatever paltry aggro the Rogue has after Evade cancels out most of it is easily countered by downranked, low-mana spells, whether we're talking about a Paladin, a Shaman, a Druid, or any other caster.

I can think of numerous duo's that work tolerably well with a Rogue--I've even duo'd with them on my Shadow Knight on rare occasions--but I can't think of a whole lot of classes that will routinely *want* to duo with said Rogue. The Shaman won't, usually...he'd rather just go solo 4 things at a time or partner with the local Monk. Necromancers usually hate everyone and want to be left alone. Same goes for Druids or Bards, often enough. A Cleric will usually be looking for an Enchanter or a group. That might be the biggest reason for a Rogue to try to duo with something like a Paladin or Ranger or some such....they're perhaps the most likely folks to be willing to try something so non-conventional. Of course that's not relevant if you're talking about a pre-made group, but should be considered by anyone else. If I was a Rogue, I'd probably ask a Necromancer or Druid or Shaman first...but when they said no I'd probably give the local Shadow Knight or Ranger a try.

Danth