Thread: Game Mechanics: The Master Stamina Bug Report (2017)
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, you sure know how to get your research Sorn. I'm jelly, teach me master! I need better hunting spots for data!
I literally asked a person in game about what they remembered of stamina when they randomly showed up to buff me and a duo buddy, and after a few minutes they dug up posts from an old google group they'd been in.

I tend to search any old forums I know have been active since classic, EX: the Lanys Multi-Community discussion board (eqasylum), Monkly Business, the Druid's Grove, EQ Clerics, archived pages of EQTC, etc. This has shown me that google groups are also a great place...they have stuff from as far back as 1987, actually, depending on the group. They are basically records of listservs. BTW, listservs are also to be found floating around the web!

I also make use of Google's 'custom time' filter, which lets me find stuff that's been around a while that would be buried under newer content otherwise. Oocities, tripod pages, etc, are going to be pretty old content. If you can't tell if it's been updated, just plug the page into archive.org to see how far back the snapshots go.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99