View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In case any of you want to give this a try, all you need to do is go into the eqclient.ini and change these files from FALSE to TRUE -

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

Edit Edit: This thread will give you an idea of how most of the velious textures look for each race - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595
That's really interesting, thanks a lot for sharing. The velious armors are very welcome after all this time with P1999. The luclin velious models sounds crazy, have to try em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"
I got this message as well after installing it on S:\EQMac. So I did a mklink from C:\EQMac like someone else mentioned in this thread, and after that it started to work. Seems like it can't find the files to load when you try to log in.

If you've installed in on any other drive than C. Open cmd and type;

mklink /D C:\EQMac X:\EQMac

where X:\EQMac is the directory where you installed it.

If it complains you may have to delete any directory named C:\EQMac in existance and type the command again. It will create the folder for you.

You don't have to reinstall EQ Titanium, just do the mklink to the directory where everything is already installed.

That should cure the login errors. Also, be sure to check the fix eqclient.ini box.

I've found this client to be kind of unstable though. Whenever you look through a polygon model, everything will go whack for a moment. This is very noticeable when you're meleeing and the head movement pokes through the foe. Loading times upon zoning is a lot quicker than P1999 though, so it has its up and downs.

The worst part is probably that the server is so empty. Almost all the time I was the only one in the zone. Even EC had like 2 players. Did a couple of /whos and found that there was a total of between 3 to 7 of every class online that was not anonymous. I hope the population will improve a lot in the coming weeks when the word of mouth goes around, since it's free, official and locked at PoP, which should interest a lot of former players.
Last edited by strosz; 02-20-2012 at 06:38 AM..