View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Kobold

I like the idea that this server won't go past Velious and I hope the devs stick to that. On the other hand I can understand the concern that this will mean eventual stagnation. What I would prefer to see instead of adding later expansions, and I'm sure I'll be shouted down for this, is custom content grouping dungeons. Not raid targets but just big, public, grouping dungeons for the high end.

My idea for this would be a multi-level dungeon with increasing risk/reward the deeper you go in. So the first level would have slightly higher than normal exp loss upon death. The second level would have the same exp loss but rezing would be disabled so you can't recover lost exp. The third level would have exp loss, no rez, and the deletion of one item from your inventory upon death, and so on. Remember this would be for max level characters in danger of running out of things to do.

To prevent people from zerging and turning it into a defacto raid dungeon, put in place some kinda of anti-zerg code. If a mob gets more than six people on it's agro list it causes additional mobs to spawn which are just as tough but drop no loot. Or something like that. Maybe only for named mobs and have those spawn in discreet rooms to prevent total chaos. But anyway, if something like that could be done I'd much prefer it to adding luclin.