View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you be so sure global ooc would save the server from dying? I could just as easily say that global ooc is going to kill the server because a large percentage of the playerbase would feel alienated/disgusted/bored by the conversation that goes on there. No one wants to hear, "If you don't like it just turn it off."
You could say that, but I think you can logically deduce that a large, empty pvp server with a population max of 300 instead of the intended 2000 with no global chat is more likely to push people away than a chat option you can filter on and off at your disposal. P99 works without it because it has a larger playerbase and no pvp.

But the entire point of this post was to keep it in to test out how it works. You don't like it so you're making up every argument you can against it. I don't particularly care for reading some of the crap that is said there either, but I think it's at least worth looking in to.