View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server itself is handled in C++. The Database is MySQL and the quests run through Perl. At least this is how other EQEmu servers are handled. I wouldn't imagine P99 is any different.

This is Database work. With maybe a tiny bit of C++ in server code to get an AA to function, depending what it is supposed to do

This would be server rules more than any form of code.

Database and Perl

Database and Perl

Database and Perl

This would be handled almost exclusively through Perl. The issue would be getting the gnomes to stop handing out faction hits. The best method to go about this would be to place the hand-in NPC INSIDE Ak'Anon proper. Or to assign a QGlobal. Placing the mob inside would be easier. Once the item is handed in it would repop the entire zone of Ak'Anon with clones of the same mobs, that would also have to be rebuilt in the database and lay "dormant" until called by the script. It would set the repop for the standard mobs at about 2 hours or so, or however long it is expected a raid would be here. Likely would need to assign a time limit to the raid event. Afterwards all custom mobs would depop and the regular npcs would resume their places.

However the easiest method of completing this, and the most necessary since you're dealing with a starting city and don't want this raid to obstruct people who may be playing their new characters and need access to Ak'Anon, is to create an instance. Now before you go crying and whining that an instance would kill EQ and it isn't Classic and blah blah (Need I remind you, this whole thread is un-Classic) instances are not just limited to one person or one group or one raid. There is such a thing as a public instance that has no limit on how many people can be inside at once. Akkadius and me used them on his server several times. It allows you to make a copy of a zone for a custom use such as this that can only be accessed with the proper quest (AKA after the handin has been made, for a limited amount of time) and won't interfere with new players starting in Ak'Anon.

Almost all C++

C++

C++

C++

C++

lol

C++ and Perl. This would also likely require client file modifications to enable all or part of the Bazaar UI and commands in a different zone than the Bazaar itself.
I work in IT but do not know how to program. I work with programmers, I often think about learning to program but feel I may be too old now to try!