View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, seriously. Holocaust can be immature douches and all but they are very clearly just better players than most on the server. True they gank lowbies but they also kill people their level and have yet to die even once in pvp. Even if they do hack (which I've seen no proof of), "Boyz in tha hood" clearly does too, and so the reason why Holocaust kicks the shit out of Boyz every time isn't solely because of "hax".

So many times I've seen people assert that they could not have been found by a holocaust member without hacks. Then promptly the holocaust member in question will explain how they did it. Rather than learning from the methods that they've been graciously taught by the holocaust members (methods that should be fucking obvious, like using corpse locate spells to track people), these people just ragequit and keep recapitulating their nonsense about how holocaust can't win a fair fight and just use hacks etc. I mean even Secrets accused them of using mq2 to /who all every zone, when anyone should be able to figure out that it's easily doable with hotkeys.

I don't think the server will be around for too long. I like the challenge but clearly most people here are still of the "WoW" mentality and want everything to be easy for them. Also there are horrible balance issues which Secrets hasn't even shown willingness to address (melee being generally terrible, casters having upgraded versions of their spells that do too much damage, resist rates, etc.) I can also understand why Secrets gets so stressed over the server despite the problems I have with him as the dev, and while I appreciate that he stepped up to the plate and gave people a server that (for a time) was widely enjoyed, I think it would be better for him if he just let it go.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis