Thread: Server chat...
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we do this with OOC too?

You'd be amazed how many new players to the box ask 'is this how OOC is all the time? is this server really that bad'

when they log in and see all of the nonsense in ooc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.

also yea i like global ooc, but think it should be policed. should be some squadron of ooc police, who can mute people on-the-fly, and whose actions are reviewed by the GMs after the fact.
We still agree with you 100%. Right after the changes went in and we started really trying to push a good community onto R99, OOC actually was pretty decent for a while. It's now back to a shitshow like it was before.

I would love if we could have a csr access level that JUST has #revoke. unfortunately, #revoke isnt even working right now, so we have to #suspend instead, and that's not a command I want someone we don't trust to have (you can suspend someone for a thousand years, effectively banning them).

Regardless, something will be done about Global OOC - we are going to be adding more Guides for Red to help police that (including at least 1 dedicated Red Guide), and we are still hoping to get the "area OOC" working properly at some point, because I think that'd clean up a lot of that garbage while still allowing people working towards similar goals to group up easily.