View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys realize Sony has been in control of Everquest since before it's release, since it's very inception. As has Smedly who was the original person to gain the funding for Everquest from Sony. That Verant was just a subsidiary division of 989 Studios, which itself was a division of Sony, after 989 decided to focus on the Playstation and that they were reformed into the SoE you see today. You know all that right.....right?

Of course you don't, you see, hear, and believe what you want to believe.

QUICKLY MEN! I HEARD THEY'RE PUTTING CATS ON THE MOON. GATHER YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES WE MUST BURN THE HEATHENS!
Having financial control of something does not equate to understanding it. Smed wants to play in this world, he just doesn't "get" what EQ is really all about. EQ was the baby of Brad and a handful of other major contributors. One need only look at how EQ evolved after Brad and company left to see this. If you want more proof, look at how VG was first "saved" and then systematically raped.

Your post implies that I am an unthinking, emotive ostrich. The fact of the matter is that I have thought and written about this very subject several times over the years, and had exchanges with many other thoughtful players on related topics. Your assertions do not jibe with their well-considered opinions. Furthermore, I have personally written Smed twice to discuss removal or changing of the death penalty in VG. Trust me. He doesn't get it.