View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ PVP makes no sense for me with one very important aspect.
If I'm a Wood Elf and I kill a guard in kelethin I take a faction hit.
Why shouldn't someone who PVP kills a wood elf not take a similar one?
People are going to talk about that quiet kid who invites people over for dinner and no one ever seems to leave, shouldn't it happen there as well?
PvP without a consequence is just dumb.
Way back in the early days of Rallos Zek it was this way. If you killed a member of whatever race, you took a faction hit for doing so (in this case wood elf) where that got to be a problem was if you defended yourself and killed someone or hunted down a known kinslayer you still took a hit for killing them. It could get so bad that your own hometown merchants wouldn't sell to you.

As to playing on P99 Red.... No thanks I've done my time in the trenches on Rallos Zek back in the day and it was just too messy.
I played there while I did because it was lower populated (never had to get on a LIST for a group for an Orc Camp in commonlands) and the game had a more "real" feel to it, but all that evaportated eventually and all that was left was the schmucks.
I have a 5 necro on P99 Red and I mess around with him some, but I rarely see anyone anywhere when I do.
The exp loss when dying is huge detractor for me

EQ pvp? Been there, done that... No thanks.

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill