Thread: Suikoden II
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people have said how great lunar story was so I picked it up. I play it for an hour before bed each night and I am about 12 hours in now......and I can't say I am all that impressed. It seems like a mediocre at best dungeon crawler with a boring story. Valkyrie profile 2 did it so much better.

I will see if I can find suidoken 2 though. I am always up for trying out "new" older games.
Lunar is definitely pretty standard save the girl, save the world JRPG type stuff aimed at kids. It was above average for its time though within the genre of such games. L2:Eternal Blue the better of the two. Sort of a game you had to play while you were young to appreciate I think.

The Suikoden games were cool, if not a little overrated. The mixture of party-based stuff/large scale war/base building was pretty novel. I have to admit though, my favorite part of those games was when Mantis mentioned the Suikoken saved games on your memory card while fighting him in Metal Gear Solid 1 for the PS.

"Sooo, I see you like Suiiiikoden"

That was a cool boss fight and a cool gimmick.

It's nice to see those old JRPGs rising in price though, as I have basically all of them from the late 80s - late 90s era. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]