View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't check the forums much and don't post often, and I don't know who you are. I do agree with the other posters in that when you try and "fight the trolls", you actually make threads extremely difficult to follow and good information is buried amongst the back and forth, and you also seem incapable of just letting something go. That's a shame, because you seem to have knowledge of the shaman class, and you've posted about it, but then just repeat it over and over as if it will finally convince the "trolls" of your points.

We can even see it with the OP of this thread who got the information they needed on page one, and new players are not going to read 90+ pages of a thread that's just the same arguments ad nauseam.

I'd encourage you to let your ideas just stand on their own merit instead of repeating them forever.
The thread is not 90 pages because of me. It's 90 pages because trolls keep posting bloat like off-topic comments, insults, misinformation, etc. They also repeat their points ad nauseum, and they do this first. Singling me out shows you simply haven't read this thread, or the others like it.

If you are concerned about bloated threads, fight the people who are actually bloating the threads, not the people trying to provide actual answers to OP's question like myself. This thread was answered on page 1, but the trolls can't help themselves.

It's going to be even harder to find information if you let the trolls win. You'll see 20 completely wrong posts for every 1 that is correct. They purposely post false information as trolling, because they don't care about these forums or helping others.

If more people call out the trolls and post correct information, it will be harder for the trolls to be believed, and their misinformation won't be as prevalent. They will get bored of the pushbck, as bullies generally can't handle pushback from multiple people. They thrive on ganging up on single people, and hoping it silences others out of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did read your Shaman Race Guide though, and I found your points interesting, although I'd argue they come truly out of an ideal math scenario and not practical experience in any way, especially your points about FSI in raiding and in resist solo scenarios. If you look at FSI in vacuum, sure, you may be able to cast Gate one cast sooner. You could also just click your WC cap, which I assume you have if you're fighting hard content, which is the scenario you bring up where it's useful.

This is not an argument for the other racial bonuses. I was a sweaty raider on Blue and on especially on Green, where I raided from Classic -> Velious and did every single piece of content so many times I never want to raid again. The situations in which you say FSI is "Overall Useful" are so few and far between actually happening that I found FSI "Overall Useless" in almost every single scenario outside of hard soloing. I can't think of a single time that FSI was the determining factor of landing a slow in raid content ever in all my history of zerg and low man raiding.
In raiding all racials are muted for the most part. You have to look at these things relatively. Racial regeneration has less overall use in raids. 8 HP/Tick is not going to save you when a flurry is quadding you for 700. FSI can allow you to land a slow before you die, however. Is the chance low? Sure! but it's better than racial regeneration in that scenario, which is the point. That is one reason why FSI is better in raids, even with the understanding that no racial is necessary for raiding.

Some people like having the best possible advantage via Min/Maxing, even when that advantage is small.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-19-2024 at 10:27 AM..