View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just wanted to drop by and and confirm for the 1017 error that the over clocked CPU was my issue as well. I tried everything but that(router configurations, different routers, updating all sorts of drivers, bios updates, wineq, turning off all my security software and then some) and the thing that got me up and running was actually underclocking my CPU.( or just being sure that my bios isn't over clocking it)

My board uses the UEFI bios which has some basic settings for performance and some advanced tweaking. If I manually underclocked my board using the quiet setting(in the basic settings) rather than normal, it would work. Both normal and the high performance sections gave me the 1017 error.

I'm sure that I could find some setting by tweaking the advanced settings, but I'm not sure if the settings will be the same across mobo's.... and ...well....laziness...

But I'm up and running and in the game. So if you are getting 1017 and rolled your eyes at the over clocked CPU like I did, double check and save yourself some time!

Thanks Gotrocks for your work in compiling this information, it was correct even though it took me a while to come around and believe it.