Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Default TT named cycle WAI?

We've outfitted over a dozen people in the last 2 days with Seb keys, plus pulled a few extra foragers and hunters for shits and giggles, and saw a total of ONE named.

One in what was probably 30+ kills.

I used to farm the bejeezus out of this zone back on live during this era, and my memory was that we tended to see a named every 4 or 5 frogs (usually farmed the forager cycle, but occasionally we'd kill both). One in 30 seems....off, even if you give RNG the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Old 01-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

There's speculation that P99's RNG is "streakier" than live. I've farmed over 100k out of this cycle in the last few years and this happens pretty regularly, but I've no idea if it's classic.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Aviak

I spent an obscene amount of time in there trying to get an Iksar Illusion mask. I've yet to see the guy that drops it, even when i've seen all the other nameds at least twice. Sometimes you'll go a looooong time without any named, other times you'll get back to back nameds. RNGsus likes to go on streaks in that zone.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

should def see a named within 20 phs, you got unlucky
Old 01-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

We did a bunch last night as Aaramis said and only saw 1 named mob. This isn't the first time we did this, however. We have farmed keys on a few other occasions as well and I think out of 4 trips to TT we have seen 2-3 named mobs total.

I did this a bunch on live and it seems like there was a much longer time to get the hunter to spawn because random named were always popping instead. Forager always seemed like he was up more often. It has been a long time so my memory could be off I guess but I really don't remember ever completing keys so damn fast. It's just forager/hunter both up instantly every time.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

I tried this solo on my bard and solo on my druid and always had a tough time not ending up with 1000 adds or eventually losing a PH. In my poor man days, I made a decent amount of money with the FM cycle and had a lot of fun doing that.

Maybe I should try OS again now that my druid has better track and epic but WHOOOOf 30 hunters/foragers in a row that's rough!!! I remember in classic finding Sigra up and going nuts with excitement.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemoOfAstora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent an obscene amount of time in there trying to get an Iksar Illusion mask. I've yet to see the guy that drops it, even when i've seen all the other nameds at least twice. Sometimes you'll go a looooong time without any named, other times you'll get back to back nameds. RNGsus likes to go on streaks in that zone.
I think the mask is definitely one of those examples where its better to farm other stuff for the plat and buy one in EC ^^
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

It all depends on the rate you are killing them. Both every 2-3 mins is a better chance to find names than 7-8. This is a kill fastest cycle setup. So ranger bard 60 Rog is gonna be your fastest combo.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread