Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Large Bat

Default Rangers, A Golden Haired Mermaid?

Is it possible to solo this mob in kedge at lvl 50? haven't been there since live and don't remember it much. what is the room she spawns in like (other mobs in room)? I'm hoping to get my Rain Caller done. Can it be done melee with str ac gear haste belt and woodsmans staff and call of fire/lightening, or better to go with dex arrows roots dots spells? What is her spell damage like?

Or do I need to get a group...

Any info on this mob and her capabilities would be awesome, thanks for any input.

Dengarr
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

You might need a partner. She is a level 40 ranger. DoTs, heals, 2 adds in the room, damage shield. she tore my 51 bard apart when I tried to solo her. But at 55 with better gear, proper lulling and dispel for pulling she went down easier.

She has one add with her, and one add strait above her kinda hidden. Little fish bitch coming out of no where
Old 09-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Large Bat

thanks for the info!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

She spawns in a room that appears to have 2 mobs, but this is a lie. There are 3.

In the room she is the center spawn on a rock, with placeholdes of "a mermaid" or "a stiletto tooth pirahna" or " a stilleto fang pirahna".

To the right behind a pillar is "a stiletto tooth pirahna". He is always a high green to 60s, so expect him to be low 40s.

The hidden mob is in the ceiling hidden from view. It's "a stiletto fang pirahna". Always low green to a 60, so high 30s.

Best way for you to go about it, is Camo yourself, swim in, get target on one Pirahna, lull. Invis again, lull other, and pull mermaid. You'll have to invis, get target and get back out of line of sight.

I'm not entirely positive you lull helps on the hidden mob since it's right on top of the mermaid, and z-axis doesn't always function for lull.

If it doesn't you can snare the PHer or mermaid and swim to zone out fast like.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Large Bat

Does Harmony work just as well as lull?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Harmony wont work b/c indoors. I duoed it with a 52 druid, when i was lvl 48. Calm animal the fish, pull the mermaid out into the hall, root and kill. Mermaid is a druid so be ready for dots/DS and heals. I would play it safe and bring a partner.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzhoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harmony wont work b/c indoors. I duoed it with a 52 druid, when i was lvl 48. Calm animal the fish, pull the mermaid out into the hall, root and kill. Mermaid is a druid so be ready for dots/DS and heals. I would play it safe and bring a partner.
She's a ranger so be ready for crappy dots and crappy heals, ds will probably still be a pain. If you leave the first couple of buff slots open u can just dispell stinging swarm when she casts on you.
Closed Thread