Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Kobold

Default So i get banned for "boxing"

So I get my brother to make an account and come play on the PvP server. He gets to level 8 and we head to unrest for some PL. Literally less than 10 minutes into being in the zone we both get banned. I obviously make a post in the petition forums that goes as follows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just banned power leveling my brother in unrest. I had an ip exemption put on my account for a reason... we both play together. Literally in the same room.
The response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were power leveling him with both characters logged in from the same computer.

I sat and watched you box. You were obviously boxing and our system alerted us that they were logged in from the same computer.

So unless he was playing from your lap.....i don't believe he was participating.
Nice blatant lie in the bold right there. Not only was I actually not boxing there is no message GM's get when people even box from the same computer. We all have seen people do it and know people who still do. Hell im in vent right now with someone who is double boxing. After calling her out on the complete lie ive been ignored for the last week and a half.

If i was actually boxing i'd suck it up and leave.. but the fact that I wasn't and then being lied to by the GM herself who literally couldn't have watched us for more than 2 minutes is pretty sad. Hell we did two pulls and then he memmed his level 9 spells. I was banned right after. This server is barely still alive and I was someone who played constantly on it.. There goes another 2 players. Whats that 5% of the population?

I now understand why when i first started playing here everyone called her out on being a complete moron. Its clear she has no idea about anything. Which is why I've seen her log in and then talk in OOC about how she is on "but wont be helping anyone with any problems". She's the definition of useless. Solid Gm's all around. I guess lieing and then ignoring me when I explain what happened while calling you out on your bullshit is one way to deal with the situation. Well played. Peace *****s
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

lol
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Kobold

We have one gigantic computer desk with both of our computers on it. We play literally right next to eachother.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

how can they tell if you are on the same computer or not. doesnt both show up as router ip? i aint not a+ cisco microsoft apple wiz grey hat cock sucker so someone enlighten me.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Kobold

Actually come to think of it.. it would honestly be easier to box his and mine from separate computers than to have to play both on mine. Considering my computer loves to crash when I play EQ in windowed mode.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have one gigantic computer desk with both of our computers on it. We play literally right next to eachother.
post set up with you and your bro, HOLDING HANDS. pics or it didnt happen. (sorry if you really werent boxing and got ban hammered by crazy people with crazy powers)
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Kobold

They cant tell if you're on the same computer.. thats the point.. its a blatant lie and she had no idea what she was talking about. I know people who box on blue and red all the time from the same computer lol.. We've all seen it.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

<< Allways been scared of being banned for something like this.

When my brothers GF started playing with me she had never played eq before, made alot of weird mistakes, like forgetting to sit, getting lost, having trouble keeping up with me in most places, among other things. Allways scared it looked like i was boxing.

lol
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

You can add your name to the list with Angkar ( still waiting on even a date of suspension removal 3.5 weeks later ), IronLion (waiting on update on char for 2.5 months now), the guy whose items poofed on blue (over a year wait currently on update), Bruuce etc. You're fucked unfortunately. I feel for you, I really do. I had a friend who wanted to play from my house at times but because of this shit I would never even think of risking asking for an IP Exemption or having someone play from an IP even remotely close to mine. The fact that Xantille plays from the same city as me makes me nervous I might be banned for boxing.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

<Insert argument here about why are limited GM resources being used to police a low pop Red server for "boxing" rather than answering month old and sometimes year old petitions>