Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Large Bat

Lightbulb Suggestion for improved gameplay on P99

This is just an idea/suggestion I thought would be really cool...

I played on a another server when P99 was down one time and on that server they made it so that the maximum clip plane in game was much farther, like double or triple our clip plane. So on that server I was in zones like ocean of tears and Gfay and I could see across almost the entire ocean/forest and see all the hills and trees/islands etc., it was really cool!

Triple the clip is a lot but all I'm saying is maybe we can increase the clip a little bit across the board, just by like 50%. It would give us an entirely new visibility and feel to the game. It's not like the graphics on this game are demanding either so I'm sure we can all handle the extra graphics from a longer clip plane.

I just want to know if anyone else thinks this would be cool, cause its def possible to do if his other server did it. BUT I realize this is P99 and everything is as original as it can be and maybe that includes the clip plane, but I just thought it's not a huge change and maybe other people would like a slight increase in the visibility.

Go Lakers.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

NOT CLASSIC

Basketball sux.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

whenever classic or not, the zones have their view distance and fog effects set in accordance to their lore.
It would be silly if such a foggy place like lesser Faydark, Kithikor or Tox could be as clear as West karana - just unrealistic

And seriously - even Ocean of Tears - a very clear zone, suppose to represent few hundreds miles of water - while normal human vision is only about 2 miles top
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 04-17-2011 at 02:56 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Revert hitboxes to their original state, not so large as they are currently.

CLASSIC
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Large Bat

Definately some zones should be foggier than others but overall those are valid points i just think the clip plane is a little too restricted for some zones but classic is classic.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Orc

Definitely not classic but I'm curious to see it. What server was this?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Large Bat

It probably doesnt exist it was a PvP server that came out after the VZ/TZ server went to hell. Dont know the name now but since it was pvp it made the clip plane intersting because you could see a player coming from a distance and get ready. But it only had like 30 ppl on it and I'm pretty sure its gone. It was also Pre-Luclin.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC

Basketball sux.
Wait now, its not like we are playing on the window UI with scroll parchment (as seen in the old EQ tutorial)...technically this isn't classic :P
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

I don't like this idea because it could have negative effects on gameplay that are definitely not classic (being able to see mob spawns from half the zone away, knowing where the boat is if it's just leaving freeport or something). They're small things, but things that weren't classic.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait now, its not like we are playing on the window UI with scroll parchment (as seen in the old EQ tutorial)...technically this isn't classic :P
Is it possible to bring back that parchment? That's just memorable...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread