Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Question Looking for some tips

So I have a level 9 Druid, which I'm liking, but not liking the need to be in a group to do decently. I am in CB and it's hard for me to kill things solo, so I'm always relying on groups. With the lack of traveling, I'm kind of stuck where I'm at. I get about a level in about an hour and a half to two hours.

With that, I also have a level 4 Necromancer, which I am really liking a lot more than the Druid, but am somewhat determined to stick with the Druid due to traveling abilities, buffs, so I can try to help out people with ports and buffage.

My question to you, as I like both classes, what am I doing wrong where leveling is taking my quite a bit longer than other people I am seeing here on the forums.

I am untwinked, of course, and platless, so gearing myself to help take on harder mobs, is out of the question. My skills are up to par on both toons.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Keep in mind that this is Classic EQ and not World of Warcraft. It is harder to exp in this game. Some classes are group based, some are solo. Druids can solo perfectly fine at higher levels than your at now, but until you reach those levels, you are stuck in a group.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I realize this isn't WoW, and as I've posted before in other threads, I want no change in the EXP gain. I am just wondering if, since I'm seeing other people level faster than me, if I am not doing something right, or just not in the right zone.
Last edited by Ishio; 09-23-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize this is WoW, and as I've posted before in other threads, I want no change in the EXP gain. I am just wondering if, since I'm seeing other people level faster than me, if I am not doing something right, or just not in the right zone.
No no...I said this is NOT WoW....
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

I've played hybrids and wis casters. Take the time to really understand your class's abilities and you won't really have trouble soloing to at least 15 if that's what you want to do.

My "I want to be alone" alt toon in Live was a druid. Leveled him to 50 all by his lonesome. My main did a good bit of soloing as a paladin and duos to L54 or so. After that I grouped most of the time.

Druid? Read up on the class. You could solo forever if that's what you really want.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Kobold

I don't see the issue in leveling at the rate you mentioned if you're untwinked. Druids have it easier than a lot of classes do when soloing.
Last edited by Wizerud; 09-23-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Oops, typo. Sorry, question still stands though. Does it seem like I'm doing alright, or should I be combining some quests with my Crushbone grind?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

The thing is until your druid is capable of kiting you are actually one of the slowest solo classes (of the classes that are even capable of soloing). If you want to play a druid, just stick it out and eventually you'll find yourself quad kiting for 3 blue a round.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played hybrids and wis casters. Take the time to really understand your class's abilities and you won't really have trouble soloing to at least 15 if that's what you want to do.

My "I want to be alone" alt toon in Live was a druid. Leveled him to 50 all by his lonesome. My main did a good bit of soloing as a paladin and duos to L54 or so. After that I grouped most of the time.

Druid? Read up on the class. You could solo forever if that's what you really want.
It's not so much, this is what I want. It's more, would I learn my class better and have more fun/get better exp if I went solo? Or am I doing alright being in a group? So far it's just me meleeing mobs, and occasionally casting a DD, sometimes a DoT.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Druid have different play styles depending on if your in a group or solo, you would be wise to learn both. Solo is simply root, dot. Later in life you can quad kite or fear kite. In a group you usually heal, but occasionally you will get to nuke. Druids aren't the best nukers or healers but can fill in if needed. IIRC dots are more mana efficient then nukes. And if you have a partner you can agro kite with dots and flamelick.
Last edited by Duuvyenx; 09-23-2010 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: more info
Closed Thread