Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Large Rat

Default PL'ers Etiquette

I was in unrest last night (zone was pretty full) with a full group in the MR camp and this monk was PLing one of his friends. The monk had no respect for anyone's camp and was pulling mobs mostly where ever he could.

There were a couple of occasions where he would pull his mobs through my camp (MR) and my AoE song would pull aggro from them (he caused 3 group wipes total for the night yet took no responsibility for them) and other occasion he claimed to have reported me for KSing one of mobs. I think he failed to realize he had 2 of his guildmates in my group too and they were pretty embarrassed by his behavior.

I am just curious to know if there are any proper etiquette to people PLing? I feel like this guys obnoxious behavior (and anyone else like him) makes playing P99 a little less desirable.

/endrant
Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Banned

Train the PL'ee.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Kobold

I'd say this is not rare, but an uncommon thing. Most people doing PL's have etiquette so tend to be PL'n in out of the way places, not highly camped group XP spots. But I've been in similar situations and it is annoying.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Name and Shame.

When I DO powerlevel, its usually during off-peak hours like 4-8 AM EST. Most low level zones are absolutely empty at these hours, and the few players there usually benefit from my presence via buffs/damageshield/free PL.

There have been occasions where I was in a zone that was pretty crowded and been attempting to powerlevel, usually though in these cases I will just leave and find a new place to go. I've done a fair amount of powerleveling and I think I've only had a conflict once with players in the zone. Its not that hard to not be a prick, atleast for most people.

NAME AND SHAME
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Kobold

tag mobs they have agro on but have not damaged, you can pull singles that way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BUT you need to name and shame or kind of pointless moaning about it
Last edited by tankh; 01-18-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Name?
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Aviak

NAME AND SHAME! NAME AND SHAME!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Kobold

Default PLing and Server Policy?

We had a group in Oasis. A monk (Duckwalk) was PLing a bard (Abard). The monk ran up and down the entire beach pulling anything and everything. Eventually, our group fought over mobs with the monk. The monk began killing mobs pulled to our group, because some members had tagged some of the mobs the monk had pulled and FD'd for the bard to PL off of.

A guide arrived, and talked to the group leader, and then decided that because the monk and bard were "players too just like all the others in zone", and claimed that they were there first, they could continue the PLing. The guide then forced everyone else away from P1 the most populated area for mobs, and had our group move to P2 which is less populated.

The monk then continued to run up the beach in front of us, and pulled mobs from P2. The guide told us to "back off, while she handled the situation", and the monk continued his PLing for about 30 more minutes before he and the bard left.

Point is, selfish players are backed by the guides, don't waste your time reporting the PLing because obviously it's not considered disruptive, and is accepted behavior to PL in populated areas. The guide we dealt with was named "Eunomia", since people asked I will add that.
Last edited by Solb; 01-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Missed adding guides name
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Kobold

name the guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if you gonna moan back it up with name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

really do not see the point in these posts, have the balls to call people out or dont post imho
Old 01-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

When I PL I do a few things.

A. I try to only PL in a few zones. Kedge, Unrest (basement/top floors), Befallen (bottom floor). Unrest is generally the only one camped. Occasionally I will show up in another zone or two to get a friend a quick level or two though.
B. When I am in Unrest I *ALWAYS* do a CC to check if those floors are camped. Generally the MR/Yard are camped. If both the higher level camps (top floors/basement) are camped I will just PL another time. If one is camped I will generally move to the other and ask the person/group camping one area if they are avoiding any rooms (IE Fireplace will often avoid hand room or bar room or knight room cause of pulling issues), in which case I will ask if I can have those mobs and to let me know if their group is feeling more bold and wants them back again.
C. I ALWAYS pull with snare. This way it is almost impossible to pull aggro off my mobs.

But mostly if the camps I like are taken I just won't PL until they are open. Other places just aren't worth my time or headache to PL in.
Closed Thread