Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Default PEQ Help?

What client is used toi play PEQ TGC? I cant play it with my P99 set up at all. Could anyone help me? PEQ TGC forums seem dead and unhelpful.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Banned

You only need a mint Titanium or SoD installation afaik. And then set the eqhost.txt to

Quote:
Titanium/SoF Login Server:
login.peqtgc.com:5998

SoD+ Login Server:
login.peqtgc.com:5999
Server is pretty dead though, you are right about that. Unless you really want to be playing 20 characters at the same time and have absolutely zero interaction with anybody, there are better options out there!
Last edited by apio; 03-07-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You only need a mint Titanium or SoD installation afaik. And then set the eqhost.txt to

Server is pretty dead though, you are right about that. Unless you really want to be playing 20 characters at the same time and have absolutely zero interaction with anybody, there are better options out there!
PEQ should work fine with Titanium, however, you will encounter issues while playing.

You should obtain a copy of the Secrets of Faydwer, Underfoot, Seeds of Destruction, or Rain of Fear 2 clients from the same manner you obtained a Titanium client.

Furthermore the loginserver is optional for PEQTGC; you can log in using EQEmulator's login like a normal loginserver, however you will need to use port 5999 instead of port 5998 depending on if you are on a post-Titanium client.

Please note that PEQ still receives regular development attention and their goal is to emulate live, not a specific era of EverQuest.

It's a preservation project and not a 'for-play' server such as P2002 or P99 - having it online for play is just a bonus, similar to TAKProject whose goals are near-identical to PEQ in terms of precise emulation.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you really want to be playing 20 characters at the same time and have absolutely zero interaction with anybody, there are better options out there!
There is a limit. I use to play there regular from the emu launch to around p99 - though sometimes I log in there still, think the boxing cap was 3. Don't know if they enforce it any longer.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a limit. I use to play there regular from the emu launch to around p99 - though sometimes I log in there still, think the boxing cap was 3. Don't know if they enforce it any longer.
Def not a limit on that server.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def not a limit on that server.
Use to be, for certain. Maybe they stopped enforcing it when the server quit peaking 2k+.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use to be, for certain. Maybe they stopped enforcing it when the server quit peaking 2k+.
I started there in 2008, there was not a limit at that time and hasn't been since. I logged in last week to look around and people were still boxing raid forces.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started there in 2008, there was not a limit at that time and hasn't been since. I logged in last week to look around and people were still boxing raid forces.
There was, it was 3, absolutely certain w/o a doubt. It's why you were allowed only 3 linked sub accounts. I started in the very beginning when only a handful of people were logging in and mob pathing was so broken where most of them would do the hopping thing almost as high as the kelethin platforms... which you had to levitate to as lifts didn't work at all. Not even any fog as gfay was all bright and cheery hehe. I don't think anyone got banned for it, not like here, but there was a limit in place and mentioned by staff on forums a number of times. Now if they changed that rule I don't know, but it wouldn't have been for some years.

Quick search of rules:
----
9. [NOT CURRENTLY APPLICABLE] Circumventing, attempting to circumvent, or abusing the character IP limit is forbidden.

- Abuse is defined but not limited to lying about being multiple people in order to gain a limit increase, or boxing more than unlimited characters from a connection that is different from the one you obtained the limit increase for.
---

So it was in force to a point. I don't know when they repealed it, the 3 limit, I haven't closely followed PEQ discussions since p99 launched. But was in place until then.
Last edited by Daywolf; 03-07-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Old 03-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Seems to still be a limit too, as far as raiding with 6 characters per person.
The rule was updated in 2010 officially with the rules.
Anyway, it was 3, then looks like raised to 5, now unlimited apart from raiding which seems to be 6. But don't take this as official, as always you should check the official word yourself how it currently stands.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned

That's limit per forum account (you are encouraged to make multiple forum accounts), not limit per IP. The 3-box limit ended in 2005-2006.
Closed Thread