Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default Death+WC Cap

Just died in HS. Tried to click my WC hat (and thought I had gotten it clicked) but loaded to my bind point without any gear. My chat windows did not show a "You have been slain" message, nor a "You have lost experience" message, even though I did lose exp. I also did not have a message indicating that I clicked my WC hat successfully. I got my corpse back to find that my wc hat is now uncharged. It might not be an easy thing to fix, but its just a pain that I died and have to recharge my wc hat. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Just wanted to say this happened to me too. I'm guessing that it's a lag issue, and there should be a 'you cannot use this item if you are dead' check.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Default wc cap + death

just happened to me too - kind of defeats the purpose of the cap if you can't even use it in tight situations. Not sure if there's a way to fix it but it's pretty annoying
Old 09-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

This needs a fix. Quite frustrating when it happens.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Has happened to me as well and many people I know. People in these forums like to blame on it on some form of latency issue and other jibberish, but it should be fixed it doesnt matter what the cause.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

The internet is asynchronous and it takes (a small but indeterminate amount of) time to transmit information over it. It's just an inconvenient fact. If you hit your cap at around the same time the server has determined that the mob killed you, how is your client supposed to know which happened first until it communicates with the server to get the answer?

So the truth is that you just clicked your cap too late--after you were dead. If you think this means WC caps are useless, you're welcome to that opinion.

The only remaining question is whether the charge on your cap should be reimbused after this happens, which I guess would require a new mechanism in code (and isn't a bug per se). If it can be shown that such a mechanism is classic, then by all means.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

It's lag.

This happens with zoning on everything not just the WC cap. Instead of waiting til you are at 1% click at 3-5%

Nothing to fix.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's lag.

This happens with zoning on everything not just the WC cap. Instead of waiting til you are at 1% click at 3-5%

Nothing to fix.
This
Old 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Game-breaking, rechargeable, get out of jail free card has too long a cast time at 0.0. Please fix or make my internet better.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Latency has nothing to do with it. Both charge decrementing and character dieing are handled by the same server and the same process.

It is a bug unless it's there on purpose.