Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Aviak

Default Hey guys, is Enchanter worth leveling when Velious comes out?

With the immunities on monsters (dragons, giantkind) how useful are Enchanters, both solo and grouped in this expansion?

I realize the expansion is far out, but humor me on the subject.

Group wise, they have their haste and a decent slow, but with groups having to take another off tank to compensate for monsters that are unmezzable, what are we really looking at here?

Solo wise I understand this hurts too, but we still have solo charming which can help.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

shammys will dominate over enc.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Well, shamans are a whole different beast. I mean soloing Western Dragons is great and all but, their haste still isn't as good as an echanter's. But like I said, whole different beast. We're just talking chanter here.

As for soloing though, I mean, Velious dungeons don't really have a lot of good loot that doesn't drop off bosses last I remember. I remember even when velious was released, enchanters were still soloing seb heavily for cash items, correct?
Last edited by Wonka11; 10-07-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shammys will dominate over enc.
Please!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please!
you even told me yourself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

shaman with puppet strings are basically enchanters with more hp and torpor already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Here's the thing to keep in mind - Velious on Project 1999 will not be a grouping expansion like it was on live. Most serious raiders didn't hit 60 until mid-late Velious on live. Whereas on P99, even semi-casual players are 60 since we should be well into SoL based on the timeline.

The traditional groups clearing a PH model is very limited in Velious as most of the lucrative groupable 60s stuff is on a long spawn (not the PH system). This includes either groupable raid mobs and groupable quest mobs. So if you're leveling still, basically add Velketor's to the Kunark areas to group up as Velketor's (and Kael Arena) is going to be the only zone where you will frequently find level 60 traditional tank/healer/dps type groups.

Anyhow:

Iceclad - Pass-over zone.
TOFS - Solo cash-farming zone.
EW - Pass-over leveling zone.
Wakening Lands - Another pass-over zone.
Cobalt Scar - Pass-over leveling zone.
GD - Pass-over faction farming zone.

Velketors - the new Karnor's Castle. Easily accessible, decent drops, armor gems, and good exp. I would think Enchanters would be able to solo anything that isn't physically in the castle or named Lord Bob/Broodmother. Both Solo/Group zone.

Kael - the Arena is going to be the focal grouping point for 60s, imo. Enchanters do alright in Kael if you feel like charming. Giants aren't mezzable, but you can charm them. Drakkel Wolfs make great pets at 60. Group zone.

Skyshrine - You can solo farm Wyverns and Cubes for alright money. Solo zone.

Sirens Grotto - Fellspine and Shimmering Sea Spirit are very lucrative solo/duo camps. I don't really see many groups coming here with the whole water and cleric mobs chealing through walls everywhere.

Western Wastes - Enchanters with a bracer of the hidden can solo some of the lower end dragons for necklaces and dragon heads. Way more practical to duo here though.

Icewell - Leave and never come back. Dwarves are magic immune. Sure, there's stuff in the basement, but you're only down there to kill Dain. I guess if you really wanted, you could pacify-resist pull a mob up.

ToV - Raid zone until people out-gear it enough.

ST - If you actually get key'd, you're a buff/tash bot. At least NToV has the potential for level 46 pets.

DN - Chetari are decent cash for soloing/duoing. You can even get your friends DT'd on the way to them.

PoG - Enchanters are vital here for both grouping and raiding.

PoM - IMO, the top zone for anyone who isn't a melee. Cards are one of the ways to gear up for non-raiders. The PoM armor is incredible, flowers are useful, and things like cleric barbarian illusion masks are highly coveted. The zone is paradise for solo/duo necros/enchanters/shaman.

TLDR: If you like traditional grouping or raiding - enchanter isn't going to be very fun in Velious. If you enjoy soloing/duoing - the class doesn't fall much from its Kunark levels.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Sarnak

Keep in mind too, that only chanters can distribute Crack, or C2, or whatever you happen to call it. Not ALL giants and dragons are unmezzable either, but they an still be rooted if they are, or charmed, as was already mentioned. Chanter haste also reigns supreme, and we have an AoE slow, something that even Shammies don't. Fact is, chanters will always be vbery desireble; that's why the Holy Trinity consists of a Warrior, a Cleric, and an Enchanter.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Aviak

Thank you so much for the indepth responses. The last two, specifically Pasi's were phenomenal and really helped out. Seriously, thank you, I appreciate the insight greatly.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishyOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and we have an AoE slow, something that even Shammies don't.
Hummm, care to give the name of that spell please ? Didn't know encs were able to AoE slow, but am new to the class, so might just lack knowledge.
However, shammies do have an AoE slow named Tigir's insect (level 58 one, 50% slow up to 4 targets).

Besides that, encs are really good and bring a lot to the table. If you get an enchanter knowing his class, you can't go wrong. It can bring a lot of dps through charming, Crowd Control, aswell as good support (haste / slow).
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread