Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Default Barrel roll needs nerfed gives dwf rog unfair advantage!

I am surprised this has not been addressed earlier, dwarfs all get barrell roll and this ability gives rogues in particular a huge advantage over the other races regarding the rogue class!

1. Barrell shoots the dwarf furhter ahead faster, this move alone gives the rogue the ability to generate more power in the thrust of their backstab. This is why on the record for highest damage of back stabs, dwarfs are all at the top. Definitely not fair.

2. Barrell roll also enables dwarf rogues to perform a cheating move called by some a "passthrough stab", or a "ghost step" much more easily, as it can be done anytime the dwarf rogue wants. The dwarf rogue does not have to wait and time the move perfectly after a mob begins it's swing as other races do!

3. Another aspect to this ability that is often times overlooked, but imo equally important to consider why it should be removed is the mere fact the ability is too fun! Why does only one race get such a game breaking ability, that ALSO is cool and fun looking?! This is totally unfair!

4. One of the biggest problems I have with barrel roll is the fact it's totally misogynistic. Not only does it have all the unfair advantages noted above, it is also only available to MALE dwarf rogues! In this day and age, classic or not this should be fixed. Either make it so female dwarfs can do it too, or just remove the ability all together! Our children learn from us adults, and how can we leave something so misogynistic in the game? What does this teach our future leaders of society?

I urge anyone reading this post to leave a comment.

Let's make it clear we will not stand for such disparaging treatment against the other rogue races OR the female dwarfs who cannot barrel roll.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Banned

cringe
Old 11-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

this kid needs a job
Old 11-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

OP when he posted this

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Sad attempt at riding Skarlorn's coat tails. Very cringe worthy, please issue public apology for this thread OP
Old 11-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad attempt at riding Skarlorn's coat tails. Very cringe worthy, please issue public apology for this thread OP
After doing some research, I found that Skarlorn has yet to copyright details of the dwarf rogue, or anything concerning barrel rolling.

I refuse to issue such an apology! I have created this from my own observation and personal experience on this race/class.

Let's keep this thread on point, shall we? The fact is this race/cass combo has an ability no others get.

If you can't follow this thread properly I have to ask you to please not comment at all.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:42 PM
Banned

I did at least attempt skimming it til my face started contorting into cringe

Better luck next time dude!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. One of the biggest problems I have with barrel roll is the fact it's totally misogynistic. Not only does it have all the unfair advantages noted above, it is also only available to MALE dwarf rogues! In this day and age, classic or not this should be fixed. Either make it so female dwarfs can do it too, or just remove the ability all together! Our children learn from us adults, and how can we leave something so misogynistic in the game? What does this teach our future leaders of society?
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 11-14-2016, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Barrel-rolling is how male dwarves attract a mate. Bearded female dwarves are female-to-male dwarf transsexuals - proof of McQuaid's visionary social progressivism.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barrel-rolling is how male dwarves attract a mate. Bearded female dwarves are female-to-male dwarf transsexuals - proof of McQuaid's visionary social progressivism.
Pretty sure Brad would cringe if he read your post.

I would hope as pure and masculine as Brad is he never intended a gimmic to be used as transgender reasoning to be wierd.

I say SHAVE them all off.
Closed Thread