Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

Default Removal of OOC, why it is a bad idea

Yet another bad idea, IMO (If straight up removal is indeed whats in store)

Theres many other ways to deal with this in a better way:

- Restrict it to once per 5 minutes

- Restrict it by levels, so newbs cant see the high levels shaking their dicks at each other

- Put someone like me as GM who will bring down the hammer hard on people spamming OOC with garbage. 3 strikes yer out for 2 weeks. Dont permaban people for this stuff but make it sting so they get the idea.

Was LFG yesterday on my level12 rogue, what are lowbies and people starting out on the server supposed to do after OOC is taken out, post here?

OOC lets someone on a high level character like me see someone post like "Hey anyone LFG im level 10 cleric in crushbone" and log on his alt to play with him.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

If the pop hits 500 regularly, sure. Not with this pop.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

And for gods sake start asking for feedback before you implement things
Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

They did. One of the most common suggestions was to remove global OOC.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Banned

Do we need to make a bug report for /ignore not working
Old 02-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They did. One of the most common suggestions was to remove global OOC.
Well its a bad suggestion. Where did they ask for feedback? They shouldnt make a poll on it and go with majority rules, just have people bring up the pros and cons in a thread for a while, digest all the feedback and then take a decision
Old 02-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

kill it with fire.

global communication needed, but a default always on global tears channel that everyone has to see at all times is not the way to go.

if anyone actually listened carefully they'd note the important choice of words i used in that stream 'global ooc is gonna change'

'its current form is taken out back and shot, twice, then set on fire, twice, then strapped to the back of a rocket and shot into space.'
Old 02-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kill it with fire.

global communication needed, but a default always on global tears channel that everyone has to see at all times is not the way to go.

if anyone actually listened carefully they'd note the important choice of words i used in that stream 'global ooc is gonna change'

'its current form is taken out back and shot, twice, then set on fire, twice, then strapped to the back of a rocket and shot into space.'
So you will turn it off for a few days, then turn it back on? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

How about you can't participate in ooc unless you turn off /roleplay and /anon? People spouting off in ooc more than likely don't want to be found.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 02-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kill it with fire.

Allrite so nothing in stone then, good. Well, you can read my feedback about it up top.
Closed Thread