Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Are you a "casual" player?
Yes 88 69.84%
No 38 30.16%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Default Casual player?

The threads on raid rotation got me wondering; how many people playing here at P99 would describe themselves as casual? For the purpose of the poll take it as meaning not bothered about epics/raiding/high end content/poopsocking etc. and are just as happy wandering around Befallen as they are the planes.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Kobold

I think people playing on a 10 year old game's emulator are pretty hardcore. I'd say 70% of the server is more than casual.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 11-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Orc

I am casual, my necro gets about 1 yellow exp bubble per week.

It doesn't take very long to 'experience' classic eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's all the same shit with higher numbers for everything as you go.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I started a Monk a couple months ago and am only level 19. I would think that makes me pretty casual. I can't even imagine getting up to a high enough level to raid.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Orc

I consider myself as casual this time around.

As a casual player I think it's important to play a solo class if you ever want to get level 50. Obviously I picked a mage so that I can log on and just grind xp without having to look for a group and end up leaving it an hour later because I don't have more time.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Aviak

To me a casual player is one who can forget about "the grind" and play for the fun of playing. I mean if you're casual, you're not in a top end guild, you don't care about raiding - why are you grinding to level 50?

I'm definitely in "casual" mode this time round, I play when I want to play, sometimes I kill stuff, sometimes I explore, sometime I shop. XP is just something that happens along the way.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Skeleton

I hit casual yes... but... Its only because im not lvl 50 i still play 5-6 hours a day (i just started grinding)

Rallos Zek 1999-2005
Brewno Deathbringer - 70 SK
Banche Bushido - 70 mage
Namn - 55 Bard
Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Started in May and have one level 20 druid, one level 10 gnome and now one level 10 bard (currently leveling). I'm definitely not hardcore this time around. Wife and two kids means that EQ is no longer my priority in life - I'm not going to sit there waiting 5 hours on a 3 day re-pop, screw that.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

I voted Hardcore based on what I'd like to be. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In reality I'm casual based on the fact that 90% of my online time is spent solo camping a static spawn. I'm sure it's bad luck but groups seem to be hit or miss for me.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people playing on a 10 year old game's emulator are pretty hardcore. I'd say 70% of the server is more than casual.
When I played ten years ago, I was casual. I play it now because I still love this game, I love the zones, the races, the classes, even the daily grind of exp/plat.

I love knowing that if I want to travel from my home in Qeynos to Freeport to buy/sell in the tunnels, or kill Orc Centurions in Gfay, I have to risk life and limb to get there and make a serious time investment.

My name is Kaboombastic, and I have classic EQ Stockholm syndrome.
Closed Thread